We are extremely excited to once again be a part of the Zonta Homewalk 2017! Reder Landscaping is providing holiday decor for the Alden B. Dow mid-century modern home on this year’s tour!
Kathy Frost, one of our landscape designers, is bringing her talent for container garden design to dress up this historic Midland home for the holidays. So, come out and see us there this weekend!
Located at 1505 W. St. Andrews drive, this gorgeous private residence is on the on the National Register of Historic Places. Furthermore, here are some interesting facts about the home that we discovered on the Zonta Website:
- The home was built in 1934
- It marked Alden B. Dow’s move toward the International Style with strong geometric and sculptural planes.
- This was Dow’s first building to employ the “Unit Block” system of construction!
- Entrance spaces are low and intimate, opening dramatically into larger bright rooms with floor-to-ceiling and clerestory windows.
- The chimney, rising in 2 piers, is surrounded by slanted clerestory glass to flood the home’s center with light.
Zonta Homewalk 2017 Details
The Zonta Club of Midland’s Annual Homewalk will be held this Saturday and Sunday, December 2nd and 3rd, from 1-5 pm each day. You can purchase tickets in advance for $20 or buy them on the day of the Homewalk for $25 from the list of retailers below. Additionally, they may be purchased at the door of the featured homes this weekend.
It’s important to remember this is all for a good cause in our community! Proceeds from the Homewalk fund scholarships for women and grants for area non-profits. As a result, the club has awarded over $250,000 in scholarships and $195,000 in service grants over the years.
We hope to see you there!